Just BE.



I made a devote promise, a few months back, to indulge in any & everything that makes my heart skip a beat. I wasn't quite sure at the time, what that would mean, and what roads it would lead me down, but, I was willing to find out in the most uncomfortable of places. Prior to this decision, I lived in my comfort zone; anything out of the norm, that made me feel nervous or uncomfortable, I tried my hardest to stay away from. I had such a strong disliking for photo shoots, they made me feel nervous, and like no picture was ever good enough, but just like with any and everything else in life, you have to move past those feelings of discomfort. If something scares you, it means you want it. Don't let fear keep you from pursuing whatever it is your heart yearns for. 

About two to three months ago, I signed on the dotted line, to be apart of something legendary. I became a brand representative for an upcoming lifestyle brand titled Goaldni. I know many talented people, who I've always self promoted, due to my strong addiction for ambition. I am so into young entrepreneurs, and ambitious young individuals taking their life into their own hands. Yet, something was vastly different about the brand I now consider family. Each fellow brand member, brought something different to the table, somehow all fit, like pieces in a puzzle. They may not know it, but I admire the work we're doing, and the process of it all. I am falling in love with the road we're taking, and I know its through God, that I am even on this path. 

I've realized through much observation, and a lot of reflection, that God has a way of giving you everything you want, right when you think he hasn't heard you. I asked for my year to be filled with everything that represented the fire that burns within me. To be filled with a relationship through him that would spark the joys, and laughter that he created life for. I know that all the choices being made currently are through the faith that is continuing to grow each day. It hasn't all been good either, and that's ok too. Passion comes from the turmoil, and the struggle. It is through heartbreak, that my faith grew even stronger. It's ok to be so in love with everything in your life, and to still be devastatingly sad about small parts. It's perfectly fine, to feel like you're not quite sure of the road you should take. Trust me, I've been through it all. I've had moments when I've questioned it all, but what's helped is remembering that as cliche as it sounds, everything really does happen for a reason. You are where you are currently, because that's exactly where you should be. 



I've learned so much in life, but the most important, is to live a life filled with such joy, and passion that it is infectious to mankind. No matter how sad you may be, or how bad of a day you've had, you have to fight past those feelings. Live a life, that makes your soul smile within. Only surround yourself with people who inspire you to be better, to do more, and who only want the best for you. That is the only surest way to gain a life of purpose, and fulfillment. I'm really happy that I made that promise to myself. In a way, that subtle note to my inner conscience, has brought me to the brand, to putting myself out there. Even though I may have been unsure of how things may have played out. I'm  just making a conscience effort to be active, to show up, no matter how much I want to give in to fear. Be the person you've always wanted to be, trust me, you're closer than you think. I implore you all to do something you've always wanted to do, but fear stopped you. I'm almost sure, it will lead to doors you'll be happy you opened. & if by chance, it doesn't, at least for once, you took charge of your life, and not fear. After all, that's what life is about right? Making mistakes, learning, and making better mistakes. 


Immersing myself with love for life,

--A


P.s Here's a preview of me stepping out of my comfort zone... 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts